About the Product
- Onion is a vegetable which is almost like a staple in Indian food. This is also known to be one of the essential ingredients of raw salads. They come in different colours like white, red or yellow and are quite in demand in cold salads and hot soups.
- You can dice, slice or cut it in rings and put it in burgers and sandwiches. Onions emit a sharp flavour and fragrance once they are fried; it is due to the sulphur compound in the vegetable.Onions are known to be rich in biotin.
- Most of the flavonoids which are known as anti-oxidants are concentrated more in the outer layers, so when you peel off the layers, you should remove as little as possible
- Onions are known to have antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibiotic properties which help you to get rid of infections.
- If a piece of onion is inhaled, it can slow down or stop nose bleeding.
- Those who have sleeping disorders or insomnia can have a good night sleep if they have an onion every day.
- Onions also help to improve the functions of the digestive system; because it releases the digestive juices and cures any problem related to digestion.
- Onions, like garlic, are also rich in sulphur compounds. Onions are known to contain manganese, copper, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C,Folic acid, Amino acid and dietary fibers along with phosphorus, folate and copper.
Storage and Uses
- Store in a cool dry place, need not refridgerate.
- Freezing onions, soaking them under water and keeping the root intact before chopping are some methods to reduce tears while chopping them.
- It is a versatile vegetable that can be used raw, sauteed, caramelized, roasted, deep fried, pureed or boiled as required.
- It lends itself very well to almost any cuisine.It can be consumed with salads, curries or chutnies.